Step by Step Process of developing a Web Portal
A web portal is a web-based program that collects information from various sources into a singular user interface and displays users with the most relevant information for the user’s context.
Web Portals are about Personalized Access to the data. Developing a web portal needs planning and knowledge. Let’s check the steps you can for developing a web portal.
Steps for Developing a Web Portal:
While starting the web portal development, all you need is good planning. There are some facts to examine before you begin the process of developing a web portal.
It is an elementary yet critical stage which is knowledge or the purpose of your web portal. Consider the following things before you start plotting:
- The Audience
- Purpose or Objective of your website
- Support or service web portal
These are three facts that will define the whole soul of your portal.
Step 2: Architecture/Design
The architecture of your web portal comprises the looks and interface. A designer is a responsible person for this step.
Following are some facts to be considered while building an attractive architecture for your web portal.
- Create an excellent Contact form. This will allow the customers to contact you quickly.
- Search Bar is a must. Users are more likely to prefer searching for something by putting keywords instead of long navigation.
- Make it look sober. Staring from professional and soothing font to alignment is noticeable.
- Use good graphics that will match the main motto of your website.
- Colors combinations also go hand in hand. Make sure to make it all relevant and match with the logo if possible.
The Architecture and look of your web portal is the first impression on the buyers and potential leads.
Step 3: Development
This is the foremost step in the development process. While developing a web portal, there are many technical aspects you need to think about, like which framework is used, which database is to attach, creating content and graphics, etc. & not to forget the SEO.
In this stage, it is better if you have written code before. If not, kindly take help from the experts. There are many web development services or online help desks available on the internet.
In any case, you should consider the following facts while coding:
- Follow the final Layout
- Make sure to consider the audience
- Focus on the main motto of the web-portal
- Concentrate on linking and finishing
Step 4: Testing
As a final step before launching, testing will help you understand the errors and bugs that can affect the primary, secondary, or any other business flow.
Conducting various tests will allow you to develop a better bug-free website. There are different kinds of tastings like Localization, internationalization, load testing, Integration testing, etc.
By performing all the necessary tests, you have to ensure that the website is ready to go live.
Yet, testing your website may lead you to misconceptions about correctness. According to human nature, we can easily miss out on our own mistakes.
It’s kind of natural to give it up to some trustworthy source to do the testing. In web portal development, making changes according to the user base is the key to be successful.