Top 13 DevOps Tools to Use in 2022
DevOps is quintessential in present-day IT. Enterprises now experience more competitiveness by adopting agile methodologies like DevOps practices. Needless to say that it is a trend that is here to stay. However, to make integrating software development and IT operations hassle-free, the product delivery team and the management must utilize the best DevOps tools. The main focus of these tools is on collaboration and communication between software development, operations experts and product management.
When transparency and automation stay at the vanguard of the value stream, enterprises can expect operative product output. There is a broad array of tools for every requisite. Learn about the most effective tools in this article.
What is DevOps?
DevOps refers to the tools and practices that assimilate and automate the processes between IT teams and software development. It accentuates cross-team collaboration and communication, technology automation and team empowerment. More businesses now rely on this agile methodology to enhance the quality and speed of software deployment. Accelerating processes calls for using the best tools for DevOps that ultimately help to boost reliability.
Significance of DevOps within Mobile Application Development
DevOps is a game-changer in mobile application development. Why? It facilitates flawless application delivery from the beginning to the end. This practice terminates the development-operation hurdles and opens up new avenues like software development. Project managers and mobile application developers can use the DevOps toolset to align business objectives, turning over higher value to the clients. As per research, implementing DevOps has contributed to a 65% enhancement in software development quality for several businesses. Mobile app development processes are now faster and more efficient with the advent of DevOps.
Best DevOps Tools
Enterprises often face challenges like insufficient focus on customer requirements and organizational change while implementing DevOps practices. However, DevOps tools and technologies can help businesses resolve a few challenges. Teams offering mobile application development services can quickly move past the challenges as they utilize the vast array of DevOps depending on the requirement. Let us now take a look at the tools that can help bring more innovation:
Table of Contents
Slack definitely tops the DevOps tool list as it is one of the finest communication tools that teams utilize for seamless project collaborations. This tool breaks down all development barriers and offers the teams a clear workflow insight. Connecting machines, people and teams with one another is a breeze with this tool. Its features are:
- Real-time communication updates help to schedule urgent meetings immediately. It boosts productivity as the team members automatically receive the updates.
- The tool comes with a ChatBot feature that teams can configure to send feedback, reports and notifications with third-party applications.
- It functions as a community between teams and developers that help them stay updated on the latest events, news and best practices.
When the question is what are DevOps tools, mobile app developers and teams always prefer to work with Kubernetes. It is an open-source tool that can mechanize deployment and the organization of containerized applications. It is the best container orchestration DevOps tool of the current times. Its features are:
- It operates on several on-premises, public cloud hosting and hybrids services.
- The tool can scale up the web servers for software applications.
- It can vitiate the online server occurrences during downtimes.
Many developers now choose to end their search for the best DevOps tools 2022 with GitHub as it facilitates easy collaboration. Fallouts and errors are not a problem with such DevOps tools, as teams can quickly do instant rollouts to the preceding version. Faster code iterations and sending notifications instantly to the various team members are the perks of this tool. Its features are:
- The tool can automate everything from project management, approvals, CI/CD, issue labeling, testing, onboarding, etc.
- Developers with this tool can secure code as they write it. They can automatically review the changes made to the codebase and detect vulnerabilities prior to reaching production.
- It is a tool that helps in scaling and standardizing security, compliance and best practices to the organization.
Integrating real-time insights into app performance is now flawless with DevOps tools like AppDynamics. It observes and reports the performance of every transaction within the application. Its features are:
- It takes an analytics-driven slant to crack performance issues.
- Smart Analytics can discover and fix the performance problems from the beginning.
- The tool permits a complete system-wide recording of data.
DevOps team can gain operational perception with this tool as it offers a remarkable analytic solution. The teams can easily compare the logs generated from various sources such as websites, applications, and devices belonging to the IT infrastructure to perceive issues. Its features are:
- Boosted MTTA efficiency with automated and mobile-first incident response
- The tool can keep track of and troubleshoot across the infrastructure that incorporates virtual, physical and the cloud
- The tool generates heightened customer experiences via boosted innovation as it can modernize applications
Deploying new applications and services and updating and installing network packages can now be done with automation quickly with DevOps tools like Chef. Infrastructure management takes place at its best with this tool as it writes codes for automating and testing. The tool comes with a client-server architecture. Its features are as follows:
- The tool provides SaaS and hybrid solutions for Chef servers.
- Managing servers with this tool is simple with operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Facilitation of infrastructure coding takes place in languages that are particular to domains because of “Cookbooks.”
Developers, project managers and team members can run through Continuous Delivery from coding to deployment with this tool. Tools for DevOps like this helps in tying automated builds, testing and releasing in one workflow. Its features are:
- Harnessing the supremacy of agile development is more accessible with equivalent automated tests. Catching bugs also becomes rapid.
- Constricted integration with Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Resources and support are accessible for enterprise teams.
It is a one-stop solution for any kind of automated testing, and it can be cross-device testing or cross-browser testing. Its features are:
- Testing possible on emulators or real devices
- The tool enables simple integration with the CI servers
- The tools required for test automation comes under a single license
Primarily, it is a platform that DevOps teams use for hosting code, but it reaches far beyond simple code management. The teams can plan out projects, test and code, and deploy from a unified platform. Its features are:
- Efficient pull requests and approving code review.
- Securing the code is possible in the cloud with 2-step verification and IP whitelisting.
- Building, testing and deploying possible with integrated CI/CD.
The main objective of this DevOps tool is to simplify and boost the numerous workflows in the SDLC with an assimilated approach. It is an executable and standalone package that incorporates everything teams need to operate an application. Its features are:
- Container runtime that operates on varied Windows Server and Linux Oss
- Docker app helps in packaging, executing and managing distributed applications
- The tool comes with a standardized packaging setup for diverse applications
It is a community-driven and open-source performance monitoring tool. The tool provides full support to container monitoring and generates alerts depending on time series data. Its features are:
- Various client libraries enable simple service instrumentation
- Robust reporting abilities via PromQL
- Scaling is possible with the assistance of federation and functional sharding
It is a must-have DevOps tool 2022 as it is SaaS-based, and it is best for app and server monitoring containing hybrid cloud settings. DevOps teams can also monitor Docker containers with this. Its features are:
- It emphasizes engineering and business decisions with various user experience metrics.
- The team offers visibility across the teams.
- It can aggregate the events and metrics flawlessly across the entire DevOps stack.
Automating and managing complex workflows and infrastructure is a breeze with Puppet, an excellent DevOps tool. Its features are:
- Mining configuration details across numerous platforms and operating systems takes place by automating and simplifying important manual tasks.
- Infrastructure scaling and server maintenance in a particular state is easier with this tool.
- This tool helps in saving money and time.
As numerous DevOps tools are now readily available for each stage of DevOps development, it is best to employ a bunch of integrated tools to cope with each stage of the development. The selection of tools must always depend on the DevOps teams involved and the environment.
The list of 13 remarkable DevOps tools can take software development to the next level. If you want to integrate DevOps into your mobile application development services, feel free to contact us. By implementing DevOps strategically, we will help you add value to the enterprise in terms of boosted revenue and efficacy.
What are few noteworthy DevOps tools?
Few noteworthy DevOps tools are:
Are there any core advantages of DevOps?
Yes, the core advantages of DevOps are steady operating environments, faster detection of defects, rapid features delivery, etc.
Why is coding a must for DevOps?
DevOps require coding as applications deliver exactly the thing that the code asks them to. No code means no application. Hence, the importance of coding in DevOps is clear.