How Much Does it Cost to Build an App like Bitmoji?
Wondering what is the approximate cost to build an app like Bitmoji by a Top App Development Company? You have come to the right place.
How Much Does it Cost to Build an App like Bitmoji?
Bitmoji the app came on the scene when there were no other apps like Bitmoji and it became an immediate hit. BitStrips was acquired by Snapchat in 2017 and has since become an important integration.
Cost of Bitmoji
If you are wondering how much does it cost to build an app like Bitmoji. Yes, it is free. But you can extend the capabilities with in-app purchases. This Wikipedia post has more of the story in case you are interested.
Features of Bitmoji
This is not an exhaustive list of the app’s features. Since you already are aware of the Bitmoji app I will just mention the important features.
Bitmoji app is available for Android, iPhone, and iPad. A Bitmoji chrome extension is also available from the Chrome Store. Once a user has installed Bitmoji, they can use it in their chat apps as well as keyboard apps.
This allows the users to send personalized avatars with the wide variety of expressions provided with Bitmoji to their friends and family from these apps.
Users can not only create their avatars but also there are plenty of customization options to boot. Like they can change their eye color, hair color, there is a wide collection of clothes provided as well.
The Market for Bitmoji
The raving Bitmoji app reviews are proof of its popularity. If that doesn’t persuade you, these stats will surely blow your mind.
- Bitmoji on the Apple iStore: In 2016, Bitmoji was the number one most popular app in the Apple iStore. There is no going down as the performance of Bitmoji is still going strong as the 23rd most popular app in all categories in the Apple iStore. Bitmoji is also iStore’s most popular utilities app. It is the 6th most popular app in the category it falls in – utility/productivity.
- Bitmoji on the PlayStore: It is the 9th most popular app in its category entertainment in Google Play Rank and 33rd most popular in Usage Rank. https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/com.bitstrips.imoji/statistics
Developing apps like Bitmoji is a lucrative market in Custom Mobile App Development that everyone wants a part of. Everyone wants a piece of the pie that a lot of alternatives to Bitmoji have popped up.
A simple search in the Google Play Store and/or Apple iStore will give you proof.
If you are interested, an App Development company can help you. They will not only reduce your expenses but also save you time and energy. Leaving you free to focus on marketing your app which will help you grow your business and income.
A plan to create your own bitmoji
If you are planning to create your own apps like Bitmoji, know that it isn’t easy unless you are a developer. If you are planning to develop an app like Bitmoji we suggest that you hire an app developer who is experienced.
Making your own Bitmoji
Developing an app like Bitmoji involves several steps that we’ll talk about now.
Decide the Type of Emoji: Before you go out to make an Emoji Keyboard App, you must first decide what type of Emoji Keyboard you will develop. There are various types of emoji apps: Celeb emoji, Brand Emoji, Greetings Emoji Shoppable Emoji, and Charity Emoji
- Celeb emojis – this one gives images of famous people to generate stickers and emojis. Remember the popularity of Kim Kardashian emojis.
- Brand emojis – Remember when Starbucks came out with stickers that show, for example, food (pizza, coffee, or sandwiches). This one lets you do just that.
- Greeting emojis – You don’t want us to tell you that this one gives stickers for special holidays or occasions, like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Shoppable emojis – Make an emoji of brand or product, connect an emoji or sticker through a deep link to a commercial experience. Voila, your customers can share their favorite goods’ emojis/stickers with friends. Imagine users being able to buy those goods by simply clicking on the emoji/sticker.
- Charity emojis – The World Wildlife Foundation came up with this type of emojis. They used emojis and #EndangeredEmoji in a Twitter campaign to help save animals from extinction. 17 emojis were created for endangered species. The idea was every time someone retweeted those tweets, they donated 10p.
Before you even start building you must decide the platforms you will build the Bitmoji like app for. We recommend you have Android App Development, iOS App Development, and Chrome Extension Bitmoji.
Once you have decided on the platforms, you might want to develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to test the user response. This will save you a lot of wastage in terms of money, effort and time.
Now, it’s time to get your development team together. You must have the manpower to attend to the roles Business Analysis, Android and iPhone developers, UI/UX designers, testers and a project manager to oversee the details. Testers are a good addition to your team although not mandatory.
To allow users to create their personalized emojis you must have access to an emoji library which can be obtained by signing up with EmojiOne
MakeMoji SDKs are required to expedite your Bitmoji-like app development. They have extensive documentation available for your reference.
SDKs are available for both Android and iOS, they let you create conversation-level emojis and is free. SDKs have Gif support to boot, The best part is with SDKs you can monetize using different methods. Because it is hosted with AWS you can scale it up.
Adding eCommerce functionality:
To enable in-app purchases you have to sign up for an eCommerce API. APIs are not only easier to use but also they work well with other software that you might be using in your day to day business for example CRM.
Design, Develop and Publish:
Choose a color scheme and design a suitable navigation bar. Develop the apps as well as a chrome extension and publish on the Google Play Store, Apple iStore and Chrome Store.
Ever since the dawn of the smartphone era and mobile messaging, emojis have been ruling the personal communications segment. The use of facial expression icons to show others what you feel is the next level.
If you could create emojis with your face. That is phenomenal. People are vying to join this group of the ‘Super Cool’. This is the secret of the success Utility Apps like BitMoji enjoy.
Don’t wait to start the Android App or iOS App Development. Now is the right time to make that decision. Contact us / Fill up the form below. Let’s talk about this!
What is Bitmoji?
In 2014, the company BitStrips launched Bitmoji. It allowed users to create personalized stickers with avatars that looked like themselves.
What Approximately does it cost to develop Bitmoji?
The cost to develop an app like Bitmoji depends on the App Development company you are approaching.
What are the apps similar to Bitmoji?
As we have already seen the market for apps that create emojis is very lucrative and there are a lot of similar apps. They are MojiPop, MomentCam, Cartoon Makera, and Zamoji to name a few. Bobble is one of the best alternatives to Bitmoji.
How do I make my own Bitmoji?
You can approach an App Development company. You can keep your expenses low, save you time and energy. So that you are free to focus on marketing and growing your App.