In this digital era, it could be quite challenging to generate leads for your business. And it could be even harder to generate good quality leads for your business. However, you can’t deny that PPC (Google Ads) plays a vital role in generating leads for your business. As per the study and research, Google ads receive 65% of clicks started with buying keywords. On the other hand, organic results only receive 35% clicks.
Thus, in eCommerce, if a person has enough resources to buy a product, they can place their order from the site. As per Unbounce, PPC visitors are 50% more likely to buy something than organic visitors. Hence one customer’s money is as productive as the next. As soon as the sale is made, revenue is tracked, and all other things are set up properly. Then, it is charged back to the initial ad click. Nowadays, quality lead generation is not simple.
Even if the person can buy the end product, Lead generation provides an opportunity that anyone can modify on the initial lead generation stage. Due to this, one would require to build strategies to target higher-quality leads and prevent unqualified users from filling up the forms.
Before we study more about PPC strategies, let’s know what PPC strategies are and how any business can use this strategy to generate leads for their business with the help of ppc marketing agency?
What Is Meant by PPC Lead Generation?
In this competitive environment, one constantly needs to find new clients and grow to sustain them. Business development is one of the foundations for building an effective brand building for an online and offline business. While we discuss online, the most effective way to generate leads is to drive traffic to your website. It could be possible by using and placing your ads smartly.
It is when PPC marketing strategies come into place. PPC is known as pay-per-click, and it is one of the effective digital marketing strategies associated with top search engines utilizing by online marketing company. Bing and Google are two top search engines that work on this cost-per-click marketing strategy. Here advertisers pay companies a predefined fee if their ads are clicked on from the company’s website. An advertiser uses advanced PPC strategies to buy visitors to your site, boosting their chances of driving traffic to their site.
Advanced PPC strategies are also referred to as Google ads, Google Adwords, Search Engine Marketing, and paid search, but most are the same. This guide will help you to grab insights about PPC B2B lead generation and how these strategies play a major role in affecting your business revenue.
1. Boost Your Conversion Rate with Remarketing
In situations where the landing page does not have an opt-in box, one requires to send clicks from Google Ads to that page. One cannot expect significant results from that ad extension. The way an email opt-in-box is for landing pages, the same way remarketing is to its visitors. Remarketing is a PPC marketing strategy that allows you to show ads to prospects, customers, and people who have previously visited your webpage. It is quite vital to follow your Ad campaign with a remarketing approach. These advanced PPC strategies motivate visitors who have visited but did not submit information like sign-up, confirmation, or order.
☛ Here are some points that will explain to you how remarketing works:
- Your company’s launches a campaign via PPC strategies that provide them with remarketing, where they get access to popular platforms such as AdRoll and Google AdWords.
- A developer places a piece of code on your website’s homepage, shopping cart or any other page you would define as valuable to your business goals.
- A customer visits your page but leaves before making their purchase.
- Their browser will generate a cookie from your site’s code which makes a note of their visit.
- The remarketing platform displays ads from your business to the visitors on other websites they would visit. Holding your business top of mind, irrespective of where they are online.
- The customer clicks on one of your Ads, and this brings them back to your website.
As per the research and study of Think with Google, remarketing provides a chance to bring back site users uncertain about what they desire. Among the 8 types of remarketing, site targeting is quite worth a look here, given that it concerns Google Display Networks.
2. Carefully Identify and Target More Specific Keywords
All search campaigns initiate with the keywords. Keywords are the backbone of a campaign, and they establish who will get on the top and what ad copy needs to be scripted, which landing pages one should use, and many more. In contrast, you are focusing on improving lead quality. The first and foremost thing one should do is revisit their targeted keywords.
☛ Long Tail Vs. Short Tail Keywords
One question might have come to your mind: how many words make up the majority of your keywords? Most commonly, the shorter the keyword, the less intent you can assign to its correlated queries. If most of your keywords are one or two words long, you can elongate them by adding up modifiers to make them much more specific. The initial step for lead quality is finding those users who know what they desire. Using long-tail keywords is a great way to target them.
There lies a small difference when someone types life insurance policies and is arguably more qualified than someone who searches for “insurance policies.” They have already analyzed what types of insurance policies they are looking for and what makes them more likely to buy. Want to know how to take up your current keyword list and make those keywords much more specific? How can these modifiers, like the example above, add to your keywords to provide them with a greater intent?
☛ Match Types
Same as keyword length, match types create a huge impact on lead quality. Precise phrase match takes most into consideration for control in keyword matching. Thus, in any case, if most of your leads are coming from broad match terms, then it may cause major issues.
To counter these poor matches, opting for one of these strategies can help you out:
- Be alert with negative keyword additions and search query reviews.
- Or else restrict the use of broader match types.
None of the above PPC strategies are perfect as one requires more ongoing optimizations while the other restricts volume extremely. Opt for the appropriate one for you, and don’t run away from making adjustments over time. Adopting advanced PPC strategies and techniques helps you to get an edge over your competitors. Read more on free keyword research tools.
3. Run Display Ads Through Google Display Network
B2B marketers believe that it is quite difficult to run a PPC campaign in B2B lead generation using Google Ads. On the other hand, it is much easier for B2C marketers as their target market is quite broad. If you aim to reduce your Google Ads costs, you can run online/text ads through Google Display Networks as it tends to offer a clear advantage to B2B advertisers. In addition, social media platforms like LinkedIn are quite relevant for networking with people who have like minds in the industry.
With this PPC strategy, you can place your display ads on Linked in with a linked ad extension as it cuts down your involvement in the bidding war for top placements between you and other advertisers. While you are targeting linked in on Google Display Network, one needs to ensure that your content is useful and relevant to other B2B marketers. Remind yourself that online ads are the initial contact that will boost lead nurturing.
You can also establish a Google Ads campaign to target LinkedIn directly with image and text display ads. It will help you cut down on cost per click and temp more targeted audiences by clicking through the buy button or ad extension. You’ll be exposed to a lot of features when you advertise through LinkedIn. The biggest deal in any PPC marketing strategy is that your ads are clicked. So that one can convert potential leads into customers. This constantly keeps on reducing the cost of acquiring leads and boosts the value per lead.
4. Optimize Ads for Mobile Platform
Maximum searches take place on mobile devices. Suppose you are looking to generate more leads then you need to use all available platforms that Google Ads offers. As per the research and study, 67% of customers do window shopping for fun, but 77% end up making an impulse purchase at the end. One also needs to set up Google ads for mobile. Therefore, it is significant to understand the impact of mobile on PPC advertising and optimize accordingly.
When you run a Google Ads Campaign, you might get tempted to concentrate on PCs, but mobile already has its upper hand in total search volume to get keyword matches. According to Statista, m-commerce sales are planned to reach $3.56 trillion in 2021, i.e., basically 23% more than 2020.
It is much easier to transform mobile users who have already clicked your Google Ads, whether from display networks or search networks. The feature of click-to-call in the mobile browser is witnessed to be a game-changer in the process. People can also use Ads Grader Plus by Word stream to provide a specific section for analyzing Google Mobile Advertising Performance. There is no doubt that Google Mobile Targeting is a great way to get targeted customers that can help you grow as one might have grown as an expert in mobile SEO and landing page optimization. But in today’s competitive environment, one needs to gather the same mindset for Google Ads Campaign.
Choose whether you wish to set up advanced PPC strategies or optimize existing mobile platform campaigns. The provided Google Ad hacks improve search query results, but one needs to consider these factors while setting up a mobile Google Ad Campaign:
- Short Copies: For mobile PPC, keep your headline and ad copy as precise as possible.
- Segmentation: Segment your data based on devices. One might not see any significant changes in conversion rates, but that type of data is exactly what you want when running a PPC ad campaign.
- Mobile-Friendly Landing Page: Have a look at the transition from your traditional landing page to the mobile-friendly landing page. It is ideal for mobile PPC. Size fits all mindset won’t help in providing good results. Instead, optimize your landing page in order where users can easily search for what they are looking for and navigate to the next step.
- Day-Parting: It means deactivating off hours for desktop PPC and activating on-hours for mobile PPC.
5. Optimize Quality Score
Ads quality score plays a huge impact on CPC and ad ranking. There is various importance of quality scores. Many influencers and PPC experts also believe that Google rewards high-quality score advertisers with lower CPC and greater ad positions. When your quality score of the android campaign is higher than your competitors, it will lead you to pay less to acquire leads and clicks. In that case, with any online ad which is cheaper, you can boost your chances to get the conversion.
Before you initiate optimizing your quality score, you need to glance at the present quality score. All you need to do is log in to your Ads account, then select the campaigns tab at the top of the screen. Next, go to the keyword tab. Then select the white speech bubble placed next to any keyword’s status to get detailed information about the keyword’s quality score. This process will help you give insights into the ratings for expected click-through rate, landing page experience, and relevance.
Suppose you want to optimize your quality score by using PPC marketing strategies. Do not target junk keywords and seek to boost your bid with match keyword phrases. And ask your Ad group to concentrate on the match type as this will help boost your average click rate and optimize your quality score. Adopting PPC marketing strategies like remarketing can also help you to boost your quality score. You are retargeting people who have earlier visited your site and have shown interest in your ad from the primary search query. So take your time, and choose your PPC strategies mindfully.
6. Make Use of Negative Keywords
The keyword is a vital instrument that drives your advanced PPC strategies forward. However, in case you might consider negative keywords, it gives a boomerang effect. Therefore, one should use negative keywords as it will allow you to exclude them so that you prevent yourself from spending money on clicks that are irrelevant to you.
It is advised by experts to eliminate words like free and cheap. Unless you are selling a free tool/service, these words can greatly impact how successful your campaign is going if you are looking out to approach professionals from your industry. There also is, a need to consider which keywords would be used by either group. Work on the motto of “Promote more professionals and eliminate the casuals.”
7. You Just Can’t Ignore AdWords Extensions
There are possibilities that one-day PPC strategies will help you to get a decent chunk of leads and fail the other day. With AdWords extensions, you can help your falling PPC budget with a better chance as we know that search engines show up fortune leads, traffic, and revenue-generating potential. And one can only advantage of that potential by optimizing your AdWords campaign to get more clicks, leads, and impressions.
AdWords extensions are a fancy word for the stuff that you can add, change and alter about your AdWords campaigns. There are distinct extensions with distinct advantages. You need to ensure that you choose an appropriate set of extensions for your business. An effective choice can help one augment the click-through rate, increase ROI, and lower the cost per click. So let’s learn about top AdWords extensions that can help you:
- Sitelink Extensions: Sideline extensions are additional links that are placed under your primary result link. These extensions go to popular pages of your websites like special offers, menus, blogs, reviews, or pricing pages. Sideline extensions can be effectively used to encourage users to choose where they would like to go instead of visiting your landing page or homepage when they click on the link. These links could be proved useful when someone is searching for your brand name on Google.
- Call Extensions: Often, we make prompt plans to visit a place and inquire more about it. We tend to search for details on Google with no access to their phone number. Visitors get frustrated and choose someone else above them. By adding a call extension, you convey that your service is just a phone call away. This helps to build trust in customers’ minds and makes you feel more approachable. The elimination of this extension might frustrate certain prospects and lose their attention. So integrate call extension as it will avoid it all by placing your phone number at front-and-center.
- App Extensions: Do you have an app for your business? In recent times having an app is practically a must-have decision for eCommerce companies. It is quite effortless and user-friendly for people to search for a mobile app rather than a mobile website. In that case, if you have a mobile app, then you might consider integrating the AdWords app extension. Data and stats prove the immense popularity of native applications as 51% of people tend to buy products using a mobile application rather than a website. Thus one should consider using this extension if they have dedicated applications. It is a great way to encourage your visitors, leads, and customers to use your app.
- Review Extensions: Customer reviews have immense power. The review helps assure the visitor that they will love your products and services before they even buy them. And it is important as everyone is concerned about reviews before they make a purchase. When a customer buys a product, 64% of them decide based on customer reviews. The review extension allows you to add a brief testimonial with your Adwords advertisement. As with this, you don’t have to wait for people to check your website to look for social proof. Rather you can exploit them in search results. This will promote more clicks, leads, and conversions.
- Callout Extensions: As a marketer, you might be familiar with the importance of callouts in advertisements. You can use the callout extension for various purposes. This extension can help you describe the kinds of products you offer, promote special offers, and call out to a specific target audience. In other words, these extensions define your target market and help you to grab their attention. As if you get their attention, you get their click.
Making use of PPC marketing strategies will eventually boost your lead generation. Putting up your customers’ brand insight and in that environment helps to develop a positive reputation for your company. Before commencing a campaign, you need to have a full-proof strategy. We have tried to provide you with insightful information regarding the top PPC strategies that can help lead generation. We hope that this will provide you with good pointers to concentrate on and things to include if you are new to this marketing community.
We would love to know if you liked our strategies. Do let us know in the comment section below if we have missed out on something important. Suppose you have some queries and want to discuss the strategies. Contact a top online marketing company. Comment down your reviews.