Be it consumer or mobile applications, picking the correct mobile development platform holds paramount importance. Over the years several Top Mobile App Development Platforms have paved its way for both iOS & Android operating systems.
In fact, cross platform app development has attained momentum. All the credits go to the finest frameworks for the massive transformation.
Top 15 Mobile App Development Platforms:
Let us learn about the popular & some of the best mobile app development platform that will function as an important tool for developers.
When it comes to cross-platform app development frameworks, this is the best one. The framework can fabricate data-intensive apps by utilizing hardware acceleration methods.
HTML5 utilization is possible on all contemporary browsers by this platform. Developers can utilize Sencha Ext JS for building applications that comprise of great BI o Business Intelligence for analytics & data visualization.
- The platform has a back-end data package that functions independently with varied data sources.
- The platform backs up Cordova/PhoneGap integration for packaging & native API access.
- There are native looking themes in the features for major platforms.
- Licensing complexity challenges can arise as it is the commercial version.
- Themes for varied targeted platforms are limited.
2. X- Code
Extended by Apple, X- Code is an IDE or integrated development environment for macOS comprising of a group of software development tools.
Registered developers can benefit by downloading preview releases & prior versions of the set via Apple Developer Website.
- It benefits developers with universal programming languages. They can add other languages as well.
- The framework is important for fabricating applications running on Apple devices.
- X- Code comes for free.
- It just builds applications that can only operate on Apple devices.
- Even when the software comes for free, developers must get a remunerated developer’s license for publishing applications.
This tops the mobile application development platforms list as it assists in the creation of lightweight mobile apps.
Dojo toolkit comprises of UI components and language utilities that are designed for functioning together perfectly.
- Execution is really fast on browsers.
- XDOJO contains components like Layouts, Calendar, Validation, Menus, Grids, Trees, etc.
- This toolkit package supports Soria & Tundra themes. Users can also modify the feel & look.
- DOJO library can offer 1 MB size.
- There is an absence of a vibrant community where one can learn about hacks.
Ionic framework is well-matched with a cross-platform mobile app.
The platform allows constructing native functionality in apps for operating on manifold devices.
- It helps in building robust applications.
- The framework enables minimal maintenance, rapid development & low costs.
- In-application performance is not rapid as the app is expanded in native just for each device.
- In-app navigation is quite complex as maneuvering the UI-route is very fiddly.
- Developers can utilize AngularJS for building complex applications.
Developers can easily design native applications with this framework by utilizing the C# codebase. Developers can also utilize APIs & IDE everywhere.
Big names have adopted Xamarin cross platform app dev such as IBM, Microsoft, Dow Jones, Foursquare, etc.
- This is the most suitable cross-platform app development platform for developers who want to utilize C# or Ruby.
- Developers can share code with this platform that means app development can be completed quickly and at fewer prices.
- There are limited features in the free version of the software.
- Developers cannot utilize open-source libraries because of compatibility problems.
- Developers can reutilize the accessible plug-in NPM unswervingly in NativeScript projects.
- The wonderful application development platform offers support for TypeScript & Angular.js 2.
- Applications utilize native components and can have unswerving access to native APIs along with complete access to development libraries.
- It has cross-platform UI support that enables developers to create application’s UI once & employs it over various platforms.
- Multi-threading is a challenging issue.
- There is a lack of documentation on every feature of Native script.
- This open-source mobile app development framework is extensible.
- It is compatible with iOS and Android App Development platforms as well and supports hybrid apps too.
- The tool is equipped with open-source SDK and backs up 5000 & beyond devices.
- Plication development procedure speeds up with this tool.
- The developer community or the support team is very sluggish in response.
- The tool comes with bugs but the newer version is stable.
Amidst the various Top Mobile App Development Platforms, the SAP platform is a very efficacious one. With it, micro & hybrid mobile apps can be created.
- The SAP Cloud platform can extend enterprise apps as it needs to maintain GRC or Governance, Risk and Compliance requisites.
- It is packed with powerful features that make it deliver robust enterprise apps.
- SAP enabled support for cloud-to-ground & cloud-to-cloud integration but does not allow ground-to-ground assimilation.
- SAP because of this becomes less useful in integrating third-party apps that are on the premises
9. Rho Mobile Suite
This tool is authorized by open-source mobile app development It is utilized for building enterprise cross-platform mobile app along with Native UX.
- The developer can access offline data as well with Rho Connects.
- Rho Mobile framework proffers app tools to all developers who can then construct multi-platform & enterprise apps.
- Developers can easily test & debug applications as RhoStudio has an Eclipse plug-in.
- RFID plug-in of RhoMobile is not freely accessible for CE/Mobile.
10. Intel XDX
Intel XDX is a free IDE or integrated development environment for the creation of cross-platform mobile development for HTML5 apps for mobile.
There is an IoT edition as well for generating embedded apps for executing in an unlimited range of real-world devices.
- Intel XDX enables the fast development of all cross-platform apps.
- Its access is completely free
- The app can crash sometimes
- It cannot be updated actively
- It possesses slow graphics
A low-code application development framework, this is the best for enterprises that wish to keep at par with rising demands for mobile apps.
Developers can choose to drag & drop the features they require from API libraries or the Kony marketplace.
- The framework is incorporated with pre-built applications for educating developers.
- The framework supports a huge array of back-end systems.
- The documentation accessible kony on the web is not adequate.
Monocross is a very useful framework if thinking of building interesting applications for tablets & Smartphones.
Among the finest cross-platform app development frameworks this supports .NET, C#, Mono framework & Microsoft.
- This tool offers developers the access to native device APIs and simultaneously codes in C#.
- The support for this framework is less in number on the web.
- Developers will have few resources for learning the framework for developing the best apps.
- They will also have difficulty in developing applications.
One of the best mobile application development platforms, it offers an API to application developers. With this synchronization of application data is possible across clients and storage is done on Firebase’s cloud.
- Firebase is equipped with manifold useful services for maintaining the best mobile applications.
- The platform also provides many free services.
- Firebase has not undergone battle testing with popular apps.
- The platform has limited indexing capabilities
- Developers can find no support for the SQL databases.
- Once used, users have to use the services in the upcoming future as well.
14. Android NDK
It is a tool by which users can employ portions of their developed apps in native code via the utilization of languages such as C++ & C.
- The performance of devices is better than Java because of Android NDK C/C++.
- The interface is straight-forward.
- It can execute all apps instantly.
- This toolset comprises of navigable software.
- The interface & coding is straight-forward.
- It proffers access to numerous coding libraries.
- It is compatible only with Android systems.
- The tool is not optimized for complex mobile applications.
- It can only run on Android Studio 2.2.
15. Corona SDK:
Developers can build 2D mobile apps with this software development kit. The kit unitizes incorporated Lua for building graphic applications on the crest of OpenGL/C++.
- Developers can use it for free and do not require licensing requisites.
- It has the best community & marketplace.
- Development time is quick.
- It is extendable.
- The kit implements amazing performance.
- The visual editor is absent.
- 3D games are not compatible with it.
16. Lambda Native:
It is an open-source iOS and android app development platform that supports the building of native applications for mobile & embedded platforms.
- It has a BSD license.
- The apps are written in Scheme language that can also be amalgamated with C code.
- Lambda supports the development of native applications.
- It lacks an independent roadmap as it is run by the requisites of the current project.
- Lambda cannot support native UI.
- It takes the conflicting deportment to alternative cross-platform development frameworks like React Native & Ionic.
It is highly recommended to appoint an experienced custom mobile app development company that will help you select from among the Top Mobile App Development Platforms.
With the various high-end and effective platforms, businesses can create applications that function in a sound manner in manifold platforms. By doing this, developers can save on effort & time and can also reuse codes.