How to Develop a Similar App Like UrbanClap
Nowadays, everyone faces the issue of having a busy and tiring schedule. In this technology-oriented and evolving environment, mobile apps can provide you access to anything with a single tap. Similar apps like UrbanClap can be a great help in such situations as such mobile apps can help you provide anything sitting at home at peace.
Household services are also called modern solutions for obsolete problems. Numerous on-demand service apps are available in the market to get things or services done sitting at home without going anywhere. You can also book appointments for the services sitting at home as per your flexible timings. Companies like Urbanclab are among the best and popular examples to explain on-demand service applications.
Do you also have an idea of developing similar apps like UrbanClap? Reach out to hybrid mobile app development companies who previously have experience developing an on-demand home service app, as they can guide you through the process.
Table of Contents
More About UrbanClap
The urban company, also known as Urbanclap, is an online portal that bridges the gap between online consumers and professional start-ups of home businesses. Nowadays, in this advanced and evolved environment, it has become really hard to search for professionals that can stand by your requirements.
Similar apps like UrbanClap are solutions to all your problems of searching for an electrician, plumber, beautician and other services. Apps like UrbanClap provide users with a wide range of household services to make their lifestyle easier and comforting.
- Founded on: November 2014
- Founder: Abhiraj Bhal, Varun Khaitan, Raghav Chandra
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Industry Type: Consumer Service
- Revenue: US $29.59 million (2020)
- Area Served In India: Ahmedabad, Indore, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Lucknow, Bengaluru, Chandigarh Chennai, Nagpur, Bhubaneswar, and Visakhapatnam
- Outside India: Sydney, Dubai, Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
- Users: UrbanClap app is currently used and appreciated by over 3 Million people worldwide.
- Rating: The average rating of an Urban company is 4.2.
- Services: There are more than 107 services accessed over UrbanClap.
- Customer Reach: On average 5000, daily customers reach
- Transactions: Monthly money transactions of UrbanClap ranges to $4,50,000.
How Does Urban Company Work?
It has become really difficult to search for professionals worth your trust, pay, and who can meet your requirements in recent times. Searching for carpenter, plumber, architect, beautician companies like UrbanClap is one answer to all your problems. On-demand service development provides similar apps like UrbanClap that have an entire range of verified and registered services provided by top service providers.
These apps are a great help to service providers as they offer them an opportunity to search for new work and find part-time work. The UrbanClap project documentation and model are made to benefit both service providers and customers. Similar apps like UrbanClap help users effortlessly search for in-house service providers. It also helps professionals find work from the same portal. These apps work in two ways:
- Users can make use of apps like UrbanClap for their in-house professional services.
- They can install and login into the app any time of the day and select preferred services based on their requirements.
- Once they choose their preferred services, a dialogue box will appear that will include all the details about the packages.
- Once done with choosing the best packages that suit their budget and requirements, they must fill up their preferred date and time.
- Once done with every detail, users will see a profile of their service providers/professionals to contact further directly with them.
- Consumers are also provided with multiple payment gateways and ratings and feedback forms.
Service Providers End
- If you want to get registered on similar apps like UrbanClap, you must undergo intensive training.
- As soon as a customer chooses a service, service providers in the area of the customers will be notified. Further, you can accept or reject the offer.
- The professionals might accept or reject the offer after evaluating all the aspects.
- If the service provider or professionals accept the offer, the service providers and customers will get notified.
Step by Step Process to Develop Similar Apps Like UrbanClap
Build The Motive of Your App
The first and foremost step of the process is to build the motive of your mobile app. As you need to decide what you want to provide your customers.
Closely Observe the Market
Closely observing and analyzing the market will be very advantageous to you. It will initially help you know your customers’ requirements and then allow you to design an app that is distinct from your competitors.
Decide What You Want to Add
Here at this point, you will have to make up your mind about what all features and functionalities you want to add while you develop similar apps like UrbanClap. Some of the must-have features and functionalities are User Profile, User Registration/Login, Forgot Password, Change Password, Edit Profile option, social media integration, payment gateway options and many more.
UrbanClap Database Design
Progressive prototyping will help you attract potential investors and convince them to invest in your app. It will also help you closely look over the advantages and disadvantages of an app to make changes to avoid the demerits.
Choose the Platform to Target.
It is crucial to choose the appropriate platform to get success and growth of the project as you can choose any platform from Android, iOS, web app, cross-platform, hybrid and many more. You can consider your target audience and choose your platform accordingly.
Start Designing Your App
Developing an on-demand mobile app with a simple but alluring design is essential. To develop similar apps like UrbanClap, one must keep in mind that you need to cater to users with swift, clutch-free functioning to work effortlessly without taking much of users’ and providers’ time.
Testing Should be Done
It is one of the vital points that can help you find mistakes in UrbanClap source code. Testing your mobile app is one of the crucial decisions that can help you to make your mobile app error-free and bug-free. To carry out testing, it is always advised to hire an experienced quality analysts team that comprises all the knowledge related to all types of testing and performance.
Must-Have Features In Similar Apps Like UrbanClap
Features for Customers
- Easy login and registration process to provide convenience.
- It provides users with a user-friendly interface to get user’s attention and trust.
- It has enhanced and advanced options for easy availability.
- It provides access to show service provider’s profile for providing more information about services.
- It avails multiple payment gateway options to avoid postponing the payment process.
- It provides immense security of data and payment for users’ privacy.
- Users can easily login through social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, making the login process much easier.
- It provides services and account history that make future work much easier.
- It also provides previous payment history for future mishappening.
- Users can fill up the service feedback options that can help the company improve its services.
- There are various in-app chat features and functionalities for live chatting between service providers and customers.
Features for a Service Provider
- It includes the feature of a GPS location tracking system that reduces the travelling time of the users.
- It promotes fast login and registration process for availing comfortability.
- Various service charges are included with added benefits and advantages.
- The company has also provided service providers with in-app chat options with customers as it helps providers know more about customer needs.
- Several payment methods are managed for managing the outgoing, incoming and commission amounts.
- There are fixed service and availability times for the service provider’s knowledge.
- There is payment and work history for future access of providers.
- There are various options to take feedback from customers to know more about the mistakes and expertise.
Features for Admin
- It provides full access to the control panel.
- It allows you to see the location of the customer and the service providers.
- It provides you with price and plans management authority.
- It allows backup and restores facilities.
- There are set promotional and ads activities.
- It has an entire CRM and CMS integration.
- It allows finance and tax management.
- It provides sales analytics.
Technology Stack for Developing Similar Apps like UrbanClap
UrbanClap is a complicated app, and there are various high-end technologies required to develop apps like UrbanClap. Thus here is what mobile application development services recommend.
- Android App Development: Android Studio
- iOS App Development: Swift
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB, MailChimp Integration, Cassandra, Postgres, HBase
- Hosting: Amazon Cloud
Some of the additional technologies that might be required are:
- Track Users In Real-Time: CoreLocation
- Easy GPS Navigation: Mapkit
- Voice and Phone Verification: Nexmo, Twilio
- Easy sign-in through social media platforms: Facebook SDK and Google Sign In
- Payments: Stripe, Wallets, Braintree, PayPal
- Cloud Technology: Google Cloud Server, Amazon Data Servers, Azure
- Real-Time Analytics: Apple Flink, BigData, Cisco, Spark Google Analytics, Flurry, IBM
How Much Does it Cost to Develop An App Like UrbanClap?
The estimated cost and time to develop similar apps like UrbanClap depends on various things. But the approx cost to develop such an app development like UrbanClap might come in the price range of $10,000 to $30,000 that comprises basic features for a single and unique platform.
If you want to add many more features and functionalities to your mobile app and display the same on diverse platforms, the app development cost will vary from $50,000 to $80,000.
- Small Company Cost: $10 – $40 per hour
- Intermediate Company Cost: $40 – $100 per hour
- Enterprise-level Company Cost: $100 – $250 per hour
While we talk about the time, it takes more than 8 weeks to develop an advanced app like UrbanClap. If you add some features and functionalities, the time consumed might get stretched to about 24 weeks. It is also based on several specifications, device compatibility and many more.
These are some hourly based estimated times for developing similar apps like UrbanClap:
- Simple App: 300 hours
- Moderate App: 400 to 600 hours
- Multifaceted App: Around 900 hours
- Highly Multifaceted App: More than 900 hours
In this advanced day and time, most people are engaged in mobile phones with internet services. These similar apps like UrbanClap provide them with immense opportunities to get the services instinctively at their location. 21Twelve Interactive is a mobile application development service that can provide you with on-demand market services app development solutions globally.
Are There Any Similar Apps Like UrbanClap?
OyeLabs provides users with an on-demand app creations solution worldwide. We can develop your ideas and send customized mobile apps for Android and iOS mobile platforms like TaskRabbit, UrbanClap, HouseJoy and many more. These apps provide users with amazing features and functionalities at great prices.
What are Some of the UrbanClap Competitors?
- Mr. Right
How Does the Urban Company Make Money Out of UrbanClap?
UrbanClap makes revenue of 85% of its overall revenue by selling subscriptions. They also charge some percentage of the entire price of the service to the business owner in the commission-based process. In this way, they support all their users by providing robust and reliable services.