Today, it is normal for people to move out of their homes for education or jobs. Also, as the number of nuclear families is increasing, there are fewer hands to help when shifting a house. This explains the rise in on-demand movers app.
More and more people need professional help to shift their things safely. Looking at the high demand for the packers app, the revenue of this industry is expected to be more than USD 26 million in the USA.
Are these numbers convincing? Then you should consider a moving app like Uber for your business. Keep in mind, a lot goes into creating one. Partner with a mobile app development agency to make the app development process easier.
Before we guide you through the ins and outs of building an on-demand movers app, know its advantages.
What are the Significant Advantages of having Packers & Movers Mobile Application?
Some of the top benefits of an app for moving stuff are:
- The business gets an additional platform for marketing its products and services.
- The app will give precise details of the services offered by the business. It will become easy for customers to find exactly what they need.
- Customers can check the available resources in their location as per their requirements.
- The business will be dedicating digital brand representatives as per the client’s potential.
- The on-demand movers’ app will act as a means of being in touch soon after the first transaction.
- There will be no chance of miscommunication and errors.
☛ How Does a Packers & Movers App Work?
People know the basics of how packers and movers work. But what about an app for the same? Find out below:
- A user will sign-up first and then log in to the app.
- The app will scan the location of the user.
- Users can then check out the various available agencies. It will also contain information about agencies like their price and specialties.
- The agencies will get a request for order verification through the admin panel.
- The agencies can check their schedule after getting the request and acceptance.
- An app like Uber moving service offers multiple payment options too. A user can choose from all the options and pay.
Services Offered by On-Demand Packers & Movers App Solutions:
Relocating can be a hectic and tiresome process. An on-demand movers app will offer the following services to move stuff without a scratch:
☛ Residential Relocation
Moving homes can be an even more difficult task. There are special packers and movers to relocate the precious items in your house. Right from books to plants, an Uber moving company app will handle everything carefully.
☛ Office Relocation
Moving an office is a little different from moving a home. The primary difference is the items to be shifted. But one thing that remains the same is that the service providers move everything responsibly.
☛ Goods & Transport Services
The employees of a professional moving company app can move all heavy-duty items easily. It can be an inter-city or intra-city shift. These services make the whole process smooth.
Primary Features of an On-Demand Movers App:
An app to find movers should have the features list mentioned here.
☛ Admin Panel
- Dashboard Management
- Manage Drivers
- Add/Edit/Remove/Block Drivers
- Manage Earnings & Commissions
- Vehicle Management
- Manage Customers
- Accept/Reject Survey Requests
- Report Generation & Weekly Statement
- Assign Task to Concerned Staff
☛ User Panel
- Sign Up/Login
- Request for Survey
- Get Notifications
- Payment through the System
- View Order History
- View/Edit Profile
- Set Pickup & Drop Off Location
- Send Request
- Tracking Drivers
- Reviews & Ratings to Drivers
☛ Agency Panel
- Sign up/Login
- Accept & Cancel Order
- Rate & Review Customer
- Receive Payments
- Accept/Reject Task Assigned by Admin
- View & Edit Profile
- View Order History
- Change Availability
- Check Daily & Weekly Earning
Features that can Alter the Overall Cost of Packers & Movers App Development
1. In-app Chat
The feature will allow your users and service providers to communicate via messages. It will reduce the gap between both parties and reduce the chances of miscommunication.
2. In-app Calls
Not every customer will be comfortable in using their personal number to coordinate with the service providers. The in-app call feature is for such users. It will mask their numbers and enhance the communication experience.
3. Social Signups & Login
This feature is to increase the convenience of app users. A social media sign up option will allow users to do it in a few taps on the screen.
4. Goods Insurance
The goods insurance will cover all assets that are being transferred. You will need a third-party app integration to allow the service provider to see all the items in the shipment.
5. CRM Integration
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is an effective system to help the service providers channel their marketing efforts. It is an optional feature to include. CRM integration will help the service providers to get reports and analytics of their services on a single screen.
6. Vehicle Performance Analytics
The features of each vehicle are different and so are the metrics to measure their efficiency. This feature will give important information about the vehicle’s performance. The service providers can also get reminders about vehicle servicing. Also, it will also keep the maintenance records.
7. Real-time Tracking
It is one of the most beneficial features of a mobile mover app. The users can precisely track the location of delivery vehicles carrying their things.
8. Cost Evaluation
In this feature, the user can get the packers and movers estimated cost before booking.
9. Marketing Tools
We suggest including some marketing tools in your app. These tools will help in improving the overall marketing efforts and managing the campaigns too. You can view the analytics of the business and track the campaigns in a few clicks.
10. Loyalty Programs
It is as important as other advanced features listed here. You or service providers can run this feature to attract more customers. Loyalty programs offer discounts and coupon codes for regular users of the app.
11. Ad Management
You can get real-time information about the active ad campaigns. Also, it will suggest ways for achieving more from the promotional activities.
Not every app owner can have round a clock team to assist customers on chat. In such a case, chatbots prove to be a boon. They deliver a seamless user experience. Moreover, they offer 24/7 support and answer multiple customer queries at the same time. It is an economical and profitable solution overall.
Team Structure to Build an On-Demand Movers App:
For a feature-rich app, you need to hire dedicated iOS app developers or Android developers. Apart from them, you will require other team members too. The details are as follows:
- Project Manager – The right project manager will have the required managerial skills. He/she will take up every problem with the aim of coming to an app development solution.
- Developers – Android/iOS developers, Front end developers, and Back end developers.
- Designers – Graphic designers, and UI/UX designers.
- Testers – An experienced team of testers to identify errors or problems in the app quickly.
Cost to Develop On-Demand Packers & Movers App
The final cost of movers and packers applications depends on a lot of factors. One of the basic factors is the number of features that you plan to include. Note that if you want to add some advanced features then it will add up to the final cost. After features, comes the applications platform. The time and cost to develop Android apps and iOS apps vary. So, will the final cost.
Next in line is the team of developers you hire. Here, the experience, expertise, and location of the developers are the aspects that will decide the hourly cost to hire them.
For instance, developers from Europe or the USA will cost more than ones from India. But a lesser per-hour cost doesn’t mean the quality of work will be compromised. Once the developers are selected, comes the total number of hours required to complete the app.
How is the number of hours related? Well, the total cost of hiring developers is calculated by multiplying their hourly charges by the total time taken.
Hence, the approximate cost to develop packers and movers applications will cost you around $10,000 to $30,000 for one platform i.e Android or iOS. The cost of a cross-platform app with advanced features can go up to $50,000.