Cost To Develop a Food Delivery App like Zomato
The online food delivery market in India is estimated to grow by an amount of 18% & it will hit USD 17.02 billion by the year 2023. By the figures, we can well understand the demand for more & more food delivery applications. A food delivery app like Zomato is a very popular example that we can come across.
So are you thinking of making big in today’s competitive digital world? If yes, then you can seize the opportunity & create your very own on-demand food ordering application.
This is a guide that you can go through for learning the entire development process, the cost to develop apps like Zomato, technology stack, features & a lot more.
After you feel confident enough, you can take the next step which is availing services from an Android App Development Company for getting started.
Interesting Zomato Statistics:
Whenever the question pops, how much to make an app like Zomato, you might think why Zomato? Why not take some other example? This you will know by learning these important Zomato statistics.
- The number of monthly visitors is 90 million
- There are 800, 000 Gold customers
- Zomato revenue – $206 million in 2019
- There are 12,000 restaurant partners
- Monthly orders on the app accounts to 3 million
- There are 1.4 million listed restaurants
- Zomato is accessible in 10,000 cities
- Zomato is accessible in 23 countries
- There are more than 2000 Zomato employees
- Percentage of app activity coming from Android devices – 51%
- Percentage of app activity coming from iOS devices – 38%
Data & Application
- Amazon S3
- Google Analytics
- Twilio SendGrid
- New Relic
Basic and Advanced features to include in apps like Zomato:
Irrespective of the time, effort, and money you put in a mobile food delivery app, you can never attain success by developing a food delivery app like Zomato without integrating features.
Just focusing on the cost to develop apps like Zomato is not enough. You must pay attention to basic features first. For instance, customers must be able to easily witness the required information regarding the restaurants of their choice.
This will include the address, category, name, cuisines offered, operating time, kind of services rendered, photo galleries, and a lot more. These are the details that will help customers make informed decisions.
On your quest to develop the best food app, you must never forget to incorporate the user profile in the app development. This is the space where users receive the liberty of listing their preferred restaurants & dishes.
The searching time of the user also reduces as they are able to list. The user profile is very important for restaurant owners as well.
They are able to gather important data for apprehending their clients’ preferences. This enables them to send customized notifications to the users for the available discounts & offers.
Reviews and ratings
When it comes to paying online food delivery applications, how will you actually learn whether your food delivery app like Zomato has what it takes or not? It is very simple.
Through the reviews and ratings shared by the customers, you will know how their experience was with the various restaurants. Looking at the feedback other customers can also take decisions as to which food outlet to choose accordingly.
Geo-location attributes with map facility
The cost to develop apps like Zomato will also depend on advanced features like this that is absolutely a must for every food delivery application.
Geolocation services along with map facilities such as Apple MapKit and Google API will enable users to search within the application & discover restaurants. The search will depend on keywords where the users will type applicable keywords that will lead to the popping up of a number of restaurants.
The keywords can be the name of the dishes the users are looking for or location-based as well. The map facility will help them in locating the nearby restaurants.
Menu with cost details
In your food costing app, users should easily discover the restaurant menu and corresponding cost details. Either user can browse via an accessible drop-down list on a specific restaurant or type the cuisine name.
Booking & ordering facility
The cost to develop an app like Zomato will vary a lot on whether you include this particular feature or not as this is a highly advanced one. Users must be able to book tables prior to their preferred food outlets.
This will offer convenience to them as they no longer will need to arrive at a houseful restaurant. Also, users must have the option of ordering food from the application from chosen restaurants.
The payment gateway is a very important attribute that must always be included in an online food order app. As you implement this feature in your application, users can easily pay for their order either after delivery or after eating.
You must integrate numerous payment options such as Paytm Wallet, PayPal, debit/credit card, Braintree, etc.
Messaging & push notifications
The only way of keeping users updated and informed constantly is with the help of messaging platforms and push notifications. Depending on present offers, the notifications must be sent to targeted audiences.
Also, users must receive the option of sending messages to the restaurants in scenarios of placing special requests or informing about any concerns. The restaurant owners must receive the incoming messages at the correct time so that they are able to respond promptly.
Social media interaction
All restaurant mobile applications must permit users to connect to social media websites such as Instagram, Twitter & Facebook.
Restaurant owners, on the other hand, must interact with customers in a hassle-free manner by sharing their finest cuisine, videos, pictures, and restaurant details on social media via the application.
Handle online orders
The Zomato restaurant finder has a robust database. Do you know why it is beneficial? This is because a full-bodied database of your online food order app determines that all online orders are executed smoothly.
It must permit users in incorporating every detail of their particular order. This will include the delivery time, the cuisine they want, delivery address & a lot more. In this manner, every request will have the potential of getting completed by the promised time.
How Apps like Zomato Generate Revenue?
Understanding the food delivery business model of apps like Zomato is paramount for you to create your own food delivery app like Zomato.
The cost to develop an app like Zomato will also depend on which business model you choose. Hence, picking it carefully is important.
The steps are as follows:
- Acquiring delivery fee from customers – Most food delivery applications like Zomato app depend on the pricing model of base price & surcharge. During the peak lunch & dinner, the various restaurants limit the menus
- Sharing proceeds and profits from restaurants – Apps like Zomato earn recurring revenue by sharing for the orders that are completed by the various distribution partners
- Advertising marketing fees from restaurants – Marketing fees are charged to the various marketing partners the moment the customers see the various listed restaurants. A massive amount of restaurants are being listed nowadays because of which attaining visibility on the application is very vital for restaurants these days.
Factors on which the application cost depends
You might be all set to create a food delivery app like the Zomato delivery app but still do not know the cost to develop an app like Zomato? You must know that the costs of creating an app depend on numerous factors.
- Firstly the food delivery application needs to be eye-catching. The design and the UX/UI of the application play a very important role. Users can easily order food with a proper user interface
- The first feature of any mobile application is the registration or log in which is why it must be developed cautiously. It must incorporate important details like phone number, mail address, username, password, username, etc. Once users fill this information they can avail services easily.
Pros & Cons of Zomato Application:
Did you find yourself searching the cost to develop an app like Zomato already? Don’t you think you are missing out on some really vital information? Giving shape to a thriving & blooming food delivery app like Zomato is not easy.
Extracting useful information such as the pros and cons of developing apps like Zomato holds importance.
- The application will help you make an informed decision regarding picking the most suitable restaurant
- The search algorithm of the application offers high priority to reviews & ratings of the numerous food outlets. This enables people to discover the best in addition to the search result
- Both the user experience & interface is noteworthy. You can easily tackle all functions of the application single-handedly
- The application occupies quite an amount of memory. After you download the app, the memory that it will occupy is 62.93 MB
- Along with the memory, the application utilizes the Internet and GPS simultaneously. This means that the consumption of power is high
- The application consumes more RAM as well which is never good for any Smartphone device
Breakdown: Cost To Develop a Food Delivery App like Zomato:
The cost to develop an app like Zomato is as follows:
- License fee – $300
- Application developer fees – $7000
- Application hosting fees – $99 per app
The overall cost of development stands at $7500.
A food delivery application like Zomato on an average will cost $27000 for Android and $26000 for iOS.
If you are a budding entrepreneur & want to create a food delivery app like Zomato, then use this content as the ultimate guide.
This blog will offer you insights regarding the business procedure & cost to develop apps like Zomato. But you can always go the extra mile & appoint a sound iPhone App Development Company that can make your application even more successful by integrating more advanced features.
Our mobile application solutions are unique as we use advanced techniques for giving shape to exclusive mobile applications. Reach out to us today for making a name in this ever-rising digital world.
How much does it Cost to Develop a Food Delivery App like Zomato?
Cost to Develop a Food Delivery App like Zomato will be approximately between $12,000 - $25,000.
How much time will it take to develop a Zomato App?
The application development time for an app like Zomato is 5 to 6 Months.
Who created the Zomato Application?
Pankaj Chaddah & Deepinder Goyal created the Zomato application.
How will Zomato Work for Restaurants?
Zomato earns via restaurants that pay a commission for every delivery that is cleaved among the company & delivery partner. Users while they order food also pay a certain delivery fee.
Is making an Online Food Delivery Application Profitable?
Yes, Online Food Delivery Application is highly profitable as people will always order irrespective of the season, and ordering food from the comfort of their home is highly convenient.