Top 10 Most Popular Application Monitoring Tools in 2019
Irrespective of the field or department of the company, a massive proportion of clients are demanding application monitoring tools.
APM tools such as New Relics have witnessed a stunning development rate and was successful in fetching a revenue of $263 million in a year. After which it has witnessed 45% growth every year.
Organizations from all verticals like banks, web applications, e-commerce platforms, and even third-party connections require to be cent percent sure about the accessibility and functioning of their applications as well as software, as no one desires to offer an inappropriate user experience.
The foremost priority of any organization is to make sure that their apps are functioning with optimum efficiency, with no possibility of bugs and for this application performance monitoring tools are at their rescue.
The market is flooded with Application Performance Management tools, each offering different features.
Inklings to select the best possible Application Performance Management (APM) tools.
The IT environment in which the user function comprises a blend of different platforms, operating mechanisms, networks, applications and much more.
The adjustments which exit between business goals and IT investment are closely associated, and this is the core reason, it is significant to enlist, review and compare various Application Performance Management tools in their personnel departments, but also in other department audits, to make sure that the tools which they are willing to use cater to organizational needs.
Other significant elements consist of the following;
- Expenses incurred in licensing
- Plugins and integrations
- Reporting and alerting alternatives
- Supporting mechanism for fresh technologies
- Programming networks
- Worldwide monitoring networks
- Supported frameworks such as Ruby, AngularJS, Python, Java, Node.js and much more.
Along with the above-listed elements, Application Performance Management tools must rapidly unveil which set of characteristics are important for a specific firm.
The applications should be such that it can be accessed from anywhere in the world, through different browsers, connection speeds, and devices.
Figuring out an APM tool or platform which offers the facility of real-time visibility on websites, web services, networks and infrastructures along with properties which cater to the monitoring goals of the user like testing performance is important for building and launching a top-notch quality of the application.
Most popular application performance monitoring tools:
Let us check out the top 10 most popular application monitoring tools establishing their dominance in 2019
1. CA Technologies
CA Technologies was founded in the year 1976 and has its headquarters located in New York, USA. It has more than 12000 employees working under it with a turnover of $4 billion.
CA Application Performance Monitoring facilitates all platforms such as websites, cloud, mobile, mainframes and much more. It examines the performance and offers an enhanced level of user experience. The Application performance monitoring tools of CA is present on-premises for the user organizations.
- It detects the issues rapidly and offers an instant solution for them.
- Examines applications and promotes real user transactions.
- It offers security to the performance of application right from mobile to mainframes.
- Enhancements in digital performance and user applications.
- The process of observing problems and offering quick solutions instantly and with ease help in decreasing efforts a time.
- It serves enhanced functionalities in comparison to other kinds of performance tool.
- It is simple to use and is a balanced Application Performance Management tool.
Stackify was launched in the year 2012, with the main objective of facilitating developers in figuring out errors and bugs, problems associated with troubleshooting production, optimizing application performance and enhanced coding.
Applications monitoring tools like Stackify Retrace facilitates most of the general framework and can explore all the applications running on the server automatically as well as supports in observing, alerting and notifying certain teams through customized e-mails and message alerts in case any problems are detected.
The client also has the alternative to develop their own personalized standards and examine performance counter to ascertain downtime and uptime, memory, disk, CPU and network usage.
- Stackify Retrace helps in facilitating different frameworks such as Java, .NET and much more.
- It can collaborate with other kinds of tools and supports various mechanisms.
- It is particularly built to cater to the needs of developers and is a SaaS-based APM tool.
- It helps in handling the smooth functioning of different applications and servers.
- It is efficient in ascertaining the issues by making use of detailed code level performance trace.
- It gathered the data of all kinds of applications and ascertains their effects on the performance.
3. New Relic
New Relic was established in the year 2008. It is known to be a multi-tenant platform as it offers users with deep knowledge and interpretation of every particular facet of the environment they are functioning in.
It serves users with the capability to optimize response time of applications, load time as well as transactions.
It helps in reviewing and interpretation a large proportion of information and acquire actionable tracking, application performance on browser and functions.
New Relic provides artificial as well as Real User Monitoring (RUM) alternatives along with the faculty or organizational grade protection.
- It offers artificial monitoring alternatives.
- New Relic is well-equipped with more than 100 plugins such as Azure, AWS, Mongo DB, Google Cloud and much more.
- It collaborates with Kubernetes mobile applications on both Platforms like iOS and Android.
- It interpreted effects on business via various dashboards.
- It simplifies Domain-level problems.
Developed up by Cisco in the year 2017, AppDynamics offers a platform for Businesses and application monitoring for modern day organizations.
The platforms of AppDynamics consist of artificial and Real User Monitoring (RUM) products to facilitate end user, functional visibility and performance of the business to support in handling optimum performance.
Hiring agents across the environment, AppDynamics offers the team members to check out their applications tool irrespective of their functioning area with the help of personalized dashboards, offering standards and information to take up well-informed and smart decisions regarding business and performance of applications.
- It helps in reviewing specific data associated with the server, visibility of applications, user visit database and such.
- It performs code-level diagnostics.
- It supports platforms such as Java, PHP and such.
- It has more than 150 plugins and integration.
Solar Wind is well-versed in offering tools and technologies that support in IT management of functionalities. With the help of their AppOptics platform, it permits the user to observe their applications over different platforms, offering complete knowledge about ever-changing app performance.
The AppOptics solutions facilitate cloud and hybrid atmosphere and offers monitoring and clarity into functionality and applications as well as facilitates standards and interpretations.
- It functions well with different frameworks and languages such as Python, PHP, etc.
- It is well-equipped with more than 150 plugins and integration such as MySQL, AWS, etc.
- It has the facility of developing personalized alerts and dashboards.
- The user can view real-time behaviors.
Dynatrace was established in the year 2005. It serves different kinds of testing for a variety of issues associated with the performance of websites.
In respect of contemporary needs, Dynatrace is an AI-powered solution. It collaborates different monitoring to servers and networks.
- It is a great tool for mobile application monitoring across different platforms such as iOS, PhoneGap, Android, etc.
- Offers full knowledge about CPU, Network traffic, bugs, and memory.
- It supports in observing mainframes such as IBM system Z.
DataDog was developed in 2010. It serves the facility of reviewing website performance from an exhaustive dashboard. Datadog makes it utterly simple to detect issues and amends the performance of applications across different platforms such as servers, database, hybrid cloud apps, and web apps.
Lately, DataDog has declared their collaboration with cloud-ability, aid in serverless monitoring like AWS Lambda and advancement of artificial monitoring that is known as DataDog Synthetics.
The datadog pricing is decent which allows users to freely use this APM tool. From 2018, A beta version of Datadog Synthetics was made available for usage.
- It aids different web frameworks such as Gin, Spring, Django, Ruby on Rails and such.
- It uses machine learning to monitor bugs.
- It sends alert collaborations through, HipChat, Slack and Campfire.
- It is well-equipped with more than 250 plugins such as AWS, Azure, Jira, Microsoft Team, GitHub, Docker, Apache, java application, Kubernetes and such.
- It observes containers, cloud instances, on-premises, and hybrid infrastructures.
- It provides a Map Data flow and a personalized dashboard.
SmartBear facilitates in developing tools for advancement, testing and operating teams to observe software apps and websites.
Their application performance monitor tools comprise software testing performances, API lifecycle products, application monitoring equipment, and code integration and amendment tools.
Lately, SmartBear was successful in fetching a constant testing platform, along with Zephyr which is a test management solution.
They have declared a fresh cloud-based platform for load testing in 2018 known as LoadNinja.
- It is a cross-browser testing platform which functions on selenium based tests in the cloud.
- Develops and reviews script with the help of InstaPlay Recorder for the testing load.
- It functions with API testing trends SOAP and REST.
- Artificial monitoring mechanisms are offered for websites and API monitoring.
- It has DejaClick integration for click and point scripting.
AlertBot is a well-known service of infoGenius and has a well-collaborated could base Application Performance Management platform which helps in observing websites, web and mobile apps, other kinds of web services to facilitate end user.
While a bug raised, the service sends an instant alert, providing a suitable team proper time to mend the problems before they affect masses.
- It is a basic level of HTTP monitoring and offers full page functions.
- It offers server monitoring such as TCO, FTP, IMAP, OPO3, IMCP Ping, SMTP, DNS, Telnet, and personalized ports.
- It observes multi-steps procedures with the help of TrueBrowser recorder.
- It facilitates in examining Real browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and such.
- It sends personalized alerts through e-mails, messages, voice notes, or team member escalation.
- It helps in examining mobile apps and websites.
- It offers error interpretation report in form of waterfall charts.
10. Uptime Robot
Established in 2015, it offers the facility of basic website uptime examination from various worldwide locations via simple in user interface, altering IT squads, in respect of any bugs which may take place.
It is well-versed in severing their product via free of cost plan and a pro level plans for clients who desire to avail special properties like SSL monitoring, an enhanced notification mechanism, and short examination intervals.
- It offers various plugins such as Microsoft Teams, PagerDuty and Telegram.
- It facilitates in HTTP examinations.
- It offers support in keyword checking.
- It offers aid in Ping requests.
All these application monitor tools are used for the purpose of building a code check and testing them. Retrace is an extremely budget-friendly alternative for certain characteristics to amend and examine the performance of the action.
While the choice of application monitoring tools and the type of monitoring completely resides on the needs and requirements of the user.